Friday, November 30, 2012

R.I.P Sean Taylor


It was about 2:34 on a Saturday afternoon in mid November in South Florida and just like most Saturdays this time of year I was glued to the TV watching “The U” play. So what made this particular day about 8 years ago so special? I watched  Sean Taylor Light up a receiver coming across the middle for the 1st time on that day. I had fallen in love with defense that very moment. I knew then at 8 years of age that this guy was different then  most players…..He was Special.

This past week marked the 5 year anniversary of Former UM great and Washington Redskins Sean Taylor’s Death unexpected death. It was a shock to everyone in the world of football. I never knew Sean Taylor never met him but he seemed like a great person I heard nothing but great things about him off the field and saw nothing but greatness on it. When the Washington Redskins drafted him i knew they had found a leader and a franchise player for that defense for many years to come.He had some of the best instincts any football player could have, was a fundmentaly sound tackler, and had all the athletic gifts in the world  to cover the field he was a true quarterback of a defense.He was an incredible football player and had he not been shot there is no doubt in my mind that he would have went down as one of the greatest safeties to ever play the game of football. In sports it’s very seldom that we use the term “Class Act” when referring to athletes but Sean Taylor was a class act. He was a true talent and to this day it pains me to watch highlights of him because I think “What if” but every year around this time I feel its right that this man get his just due for being great on and off the field. To many times we criticize athletes for being one dimensional in terms of behavior off the field and performance on it this guy was consistent. So even though I know I am a bit late I feel it’s right that I respectfully say R.I.P to Sean Taylor My favorite UM player and safety ever!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...