Monday, May 27, 2013

Cal Ripken: American Hero


First of all just want to say happy Memorial day to all the men and women who make the selfless choice to fight for our nation's freedom. I know it's not in me to do that so I respect that greatly. In honor of memorial day I busted out this special Fleer 2001 graded jersey card of Cal Ripken Jr. The card show Cal after he broke the record for most consecutive games played passing Lou Gehrig. The card reads at the top “An American Hero” and has an American flag in the background. Cal is defiantly a good example of hard work and sacrifice which represent a lot of what our country was built on.

4 comments:

  1. Well put. Cal is a favorite of mine, mainly for simply being such a hard worker.

    BTW, I tried to reply to your comment about the cards you were interested in from my trade bait. If you're still interested, send me an email dustinhoff86 at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Cal represents "Blue Collar" America. Btw I sent you the email not to long ago.

      Delete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment.I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Sell Your Nebraska Home Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shahinur hope you are enjoying all the material, I appreciate you taking the time to read.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...