Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Orlando Trip: Bobcats vs Magic


My best Friend Isaiah and I At the Amway Center

When you visit a new city you get exposed to a new way of life,people as well as feel a new energy. That's how I would describe my trip to the Amway Center in Orlando a few days ago to catch My Charlotte Bobcats. The trip was more then great I met 2 Charlotte Basketball Legends in Steve Martin and Dell Curry and the Bobcats won. Sounds pretty great right? Well it was...Let me breakdown the different aspects of the trip for you.


The Arena

The Amway Center is what everybody said it was and that’s one of the nicest arenas in the NBA. There were some cool little features that really stuck out to me such as the ability to be walking on the side walk and look into the Magic's practice court. Could you imagine just walking in a regular neighborhood and you get to see J.J Redick Shooting three's in the gym? Pretty cool if you ask me.







Although my dad Complained about the size of it the Magic museum located on the lower bowl of the arena I though it was neat. They did a really good job of chronicling the History of the team with numerous artifacts and newspaper clippings from the teams high's and lows. Also they were pretty fan friendly and have a playground for children located on the upper level of the arena.



Here are the negatives of the Amway Center. When I went to the gift shop and asked if they had any Penny Hardaway T-shirts or jerseys the employees looked confused and told me “No we don't”. They didn't have that but the team store is flooded with J.J Redick stuff. “This is a load of crap” I thought to myself, how can you not have stuff on one of your franchises best players who put you on the map I know for a fact that the NBA Manufactures Penny Hardaway items because the NBA and Addidas makes them as part of their “Hardwood Classics” collection. So that had me perplexed and pissed off.


Another negative is the Amway Center ushers who are VERY anal and I had to argue with to get a chance to talk to Steve Martin And Dell Curry. I know they have a job to do but they were a little rude. The fans of the Magic looked at my dad, Friend Isaiah and myself crazy when we were cheering the atmosphere at the Arena was very “Wine&cheese” like it's basketball game not an opera Magic fans. By the beginning of the 4th my dad and I had been so loud that we cleared out the whole row in front of us and apparently had converted several magic fans to Bobcat fans (No eazy feat).



The Experience


Dell Curry(left) me(middle) Steve Martin (right)

Before the Game started I met up with former Charlotte Hornets announcer and now Voice of the Bobcats Steve Martin as well as Charlotte Hornets All-time leading scorer Dell Curry. It was the hands down the best part of the trip Dell signed my Basketball card and we talked about basketball and things such as shooting form, Bobcat defense, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin and Dell were gracious and humble enough to sign, Take pictures and even talk Basketball with me and I am so grateful for that.


Bobcat Gurad #55 Reggie Williams

After chatting it up with two QC legends I made my way toward the tunnel and waited for some Bobcats to make their way to the tunnel and sign some Autographs for me. I got signatures from Brendan Haywood,Ben Gordon,Reggie Williams and Hakim Warrick. So my night was made before the game even started.


The Game

The Orlando Magic intro's were cool....Until I heard the music and they use the Miami Heat song for their intro and I thought that was corny have your own style. The game tipped off and the Bobcats lead the whole game although Close they prevailed for Win #10 on the year. Kemba Walker who I am a huge fan gave me a treat watching him play in person for the 1st time 25 points and 8 assists in 106-100 win.







Here are some more pics from the Magic musuem.


Magic artifacts
Nick Anderson
Dwight Howard Jersey (not burned yet)



Tracy Mcgrady Exibit
It was a great trip and maybe the best basketball game I have ever went to down below are the sights and sounds of the trip in Orlando.....ENJOY!



2 comments:

  1. Great post! Makes me even more excited to go see my Bobcats in January!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!! I'm sure you will have a great time the Rose Garden looks like a great place to watch basketball.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...