Monday, February 25, 2013

Q&A with ESPN Top 100 recruit and Virginia Tech Recruit Donte Clark



@D_Clark4

Donte Clark is a 6'4 180 pound jack of all trades can play Point guard from Hargrave Military Academy. He is committed to play his college basketball in Blacksburg at Virginia Tech next season as one of their top recruits. Clark is a 4 star recruit according to Rivals.com and ranked as high as #82 in the ESPN Top 100 and for good reason. Clark like I said is a jack of all trades, posses the ability to facilitate an offense, shoot the basketball and stuff that stat sheet like he did against in a 135-117 Hargrave win over Kiski School with 18 points 6 Rebounds 7 assists and 5 steals. I recently got a chance to sit down with the Clark and ask him a few questions. Make sure you follow him on Twitter @D_Clark4 he is a real humble dude.
  

                      1.For those who don’t know who is Donte Clark?
I'm just a young kid from Charlotte that is blessed with the ability to be able to play basketball, I'm real laid back, and I like hanging and goofing with my friends.
2.describe your game what are some things you like and some you could improve on?

My game is similar to Lorenzo Brown's because I'm a 6'4 point guard who can see the floor well, get to the basket, pull up in traffic, knock down a three but i feel like i need to work on getting stronger and my ability to guard.
3.your a 6’4 combo guard by trade but I hear your working more toward playing point do you feel more comfortable in that role as a facilitator?

Yeah i feel comfortable with that position, because what people don't know is before i got noticed that’s the position i played
4. you had offers from Miami, Memphis and N.C State, what made you choose Virginia Tech?
I chose Tech because that was the school i felt most comfortble with, I got along well with the players, coaches, and the athletic director
5.what can we expect from your freshman season at Virginia Tech?

You can expect me, someone who wants to win and will do anything to get the win
6.who are some guys you enjoy watching in the NBA Today or enjoyed watching growing up? why?
I like a few guys, Chris Paul, John Wall, Russell Westbrook. I enjoy watching Cp3 because he knows the game so well and he is a smart player, I like Russell and John because they are tall point guards and they play so explosive & hard at all times on def and off
7. I know your a Charlotte boy what do you think about the Hornets name returning to the city next season?
Hopefully they will start winning more games, that’s pretty much it
8. on game day what are you listening to on your ipod
I listen to some R&B, Wale, Chief Keef, Juelz Santana, Fabalous, and of course some J.cole
9.what are your favorite shoes to play in?
     I would have to say Kobe s, because i like low tops
10. out of all the places you have had the chance to play at where do you enjoy playing the most? which courts do you look forward to playing at in the future?  
I really enjoy playing in Florida at the WorldWide of Sports Complex, and i would say I'm looking forward to playing at Duke and Unc because i know it's going to be crazy
11.last but not least what are you majoring in? 
I haven't made my mind up yet, I have three things in mind though





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...