Thursday, June 20, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Tru School Sports


Today June 20th 2013 marks the 1 year anniversary of Tru School Sports. Time flies by fast when you are having fun I guess. It's been one of the greatest years of my life and I have add the chance to connect with so many great people worldwide. So before I get into this article shout out to a few people. Jerry Stackhouse,Jacorry Harris for retweeting my articles on twitter. Thanks to everybody who has ever been on this blog or gave Tru School Sports the time of day, you don't know how much it means to me. So without further ado I'm going to look back at the year that was and the people who made it just a bit more special along the way.





One of the very first “Throwback Thursday” articles I ever did was on Miami Dolphins Hall of fame quarterback Dan Marino. After tweeting it to him he actually responded, check the tweet down below.




 The most viewed article on this blog was my New York Knicks-Brooklyn Nets piece which I wrote before this past season got under way. After it garnered a decent amount of recognition I decided to tweet it out to several New York area sports writers and ESPN New York's Ian Begley responded to me, apparently he liked what he saw.





One of the reasons I even like basketball in the 1st place is because of Baron Davis. Some of my earliest memories of the NBA are of him Dunking on Tim Hardaway in the playoffs and leading the 6th seeded Charlotte Hornets to a 3 game sweep over the 3rd seeded Miami Heat. I wrote a “Throwback Thursday” Article on the legendary NBA Street video game and he read it and gave me a retweet. So cool stuff to get from one of my basketball favorites. If your on twitter go follow Baron Davis.





Early when 1st starting the Blog I remember writing a piece on how I thought The Memphis Grizzlies and how I thought they could go far in the playoffsand then Shared it with people who are around the Grizzlies on a day to day basis. On of the people was Memphis Native and former NBA Player Eliott “Socks” Perry. He liked and showed love so thank you Eliott!!!






 Earlier this year I had one of the most pleasant experiences in blogging so far when I got to interview Basketball legend “Pat The Roc”. He is honestly one of the most humble dudes I have ever talked to and it was a privilege interviewing him back in January. If you don't know anything about him check out that interview I did with him in the tweet down below it should be in a link.
RT @ThatboyBTaylor: Pat The Roc Interview from last month just hit 1k Views, im happ about that S/O to @PatTheRoc...





 I just graduated from South Broward less than a month ago and I did an article of the 5 greatest athletes to ever dawn the red and gold. After I was done I tweeted it to the one that are young enough to have social networks. So I hit up Former Bulldog/ Miami Dolphin and Current Kansas City Cheifs cornerback Travis Daniels and he responded. Shoutout to Travis Daniels, good luck with the photography career and football as well.






The other person the list of the best South Broward athletes happens to be the great Tamara James. The former Bulldog standout and WNBA 1st round draft pick saw my article on South Broward athletes and responded. I kinda messed up so she had to correct me but it's all good shout out to Tamara James!







 One of the better things that happened in the past year took a bit of initiative to manifest but I did it with the Help of my dad and friend Isaiah. In November I reached out to Former voice of the Charlotte Hornets and current voice of Charlotte Bobcats announcer Steve Martin on Twitter about meeting him and Charlotte Hornets great Dell Curry in Orlando at the Magic game and I got this response.





Steve and Dell were gracious with their time we talked basketball, Dell Currry signed my basketball card and I was one happy camper.







Being a Charlotte native it's only right that I like speaking with other people from my hometown. So with Donte Clark who is a Charlotte native being an ESPN Top 100 recruit and going to play college basketball at Virginia Tech next season I felt it would be cool to interview him. He was a pretty chill laid back dude and equally as humble I'm expecting big things from DC this upcoming season so Shout out to Donte Clark.
 Shout out to the dude that Follows Donte that said my blog was dope!






Several weeks ago when writing my “Tru School Of Kicks” segment I wrote about the Grant Hill Fila's that are coming out pretty soon so stay tuned for that. I tweeted to the Iconic sneaker brand and they showed love back so Shout Out to Fila. Being a hip-hop fan I know how iconic Fila is even though they aren't as big as they used to be but they are coming back!!!








 Several days ago I shot this video featuring the new Shaq soda by the Arizona drink company. I shared it with them just yesterday and they gave me a positive response and a follow back so shout out to Arizona beverages, I just had one last night #WatermelonTea







I live in South Florida so odds are if you turn on a TV at any point from the evening to late in the night you will see Donovan Campbell on the air talking about sports in our area. Whether its the Marlins, Heat, Dolphins or the Panthers DC does his thing with his own unique flavor. I sent him my Pat The Roc interview and he liked it. So Shout out to Donovan Campbell stay tuned for him on channel 7 if you live in the South Florida area.






Also a special thanks to someone who I think is a very cool person Charlotte Bobcats dancer the beautiful, Jennifer Embler. If your in the Charlotte area and at the Time Warner Cable Arena watch out for her and the the lady cats doing their thing. Shout out to her for reading my basketball analysis on Kemba Walker, Kyrie Irving and Damian Lilllard.



This shouldn't even be called a shout out, this is more of a scream out. So HUGE thank you to the guys at Bring back the buzz, helping get the Charlotte Hornets name back to to Charlotte. These guys have so much passion for basketball in the Queen City I feel most people won't ever rival it. These guys have been supporting me since day 1 so thanks to them. Follow them on twitter @Bringbackthebuzz










Big thanks to Aydian for showing me love throughout the year. You better be playing basketball next year homie!!



 Thank You Ricky for showing me love on the Alfred Morris/T.Y Hilton article.


 Big thanks to my friend and Duke student Mayank for supporting. He's going to Duke so obviously this mans about big things.




Thanks to my main man Brian who's been supporting me pretty strong throughout the year just like on this Vince Carter “Throwback Thursday” right here. Watch out for him he has something big in the works coming soon. If your a basketball fan I suggest you follow him if you have a twitter dude is a well of basketball knowledge.













 If you supported me at any point throughout the course of this past year in any way, shape or form let me say thank you if I didn't single you out. It's been one of the greatest years of my life and I'm glad you are on along the ride with me this is just the beginning.
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to TruSchoolSports! This website has definitely brought something new to sports journalism and I (don't think but I know) that Brendan Taylor is going to be a prominent fixture in sports for a long time to come! His passion combined with his overall knowledge and in depth analysis will enable him to withstand the test of time through several decades to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian that means alot to me, thanks for reading bro!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...