Thursday, May 2, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Fleer 90 Kevin Johnson




As the Playoffs are happening right now many memorable moments are being made as we speak. One of the Most memorable dunks in the History of the playoffs came when Kevin Johnson of the Phoenix Suns dunked on the Great Hakeem Olajuwon in the 2nd round of the 1994 Playoffs. The other day I was going through some boxes and I came across this.




I collect mainly baseball but when going through a bunch of scattered  cards I came across this Sweet Kevin Johnson Fleer 90 which didn’t even know that I had so it was a bit of a pleasant surprise. I have always had a tremendous amount of respect for KJ on and off the court for what he did on the court in Phoenix to what He is doing now as the Mayor in Sacramento. I think what he has done for basketball from both sides of the spectrum warrants some Hall of Fame consideration. All in all this is a sweet card and only the 2nd base card in the Fleer 90 set I have besides Muggsy Bouges.





2 comments:

  1. Excellent memory! I love cardboard that brings to mind a specific event or memory.

    Love the blog, too, and thanks for checking out Ryan's Pitch.

    I'll see you around the blogosphere - enjoy the weekend!

    Ryan

    www.ryanspitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Thanks man. Cards are "Cardboard Time Machines". No doubt I'll be keeping my eyes open for your blog. Same to you take care men


    -Brendan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...