Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tru School Of Kicks: Reebok Big Hurt


The Reebok Brand has recently began a retro movement releasing sterling pieces of retro footwear such as the Reebok Pumps, Scrimmages,Allen Iverson questions, Shaq Attacks, Shaqnosis. Now they add the “BigHurts” which are slated for a 2014 release. The Big Hurts were cross training shoes worn by Chicago White Sox great Frank Thomas who’s nickname if your good at guessing was.....”The Big Hurt”. The shoe comes in two colorways the white ones you see at the top and the Black ones also pictured at the top on Frank Thomas's feet. The Reebok brand is doing a fantastic job at paying homage to the greatness of the brands pass. Next year these are most certainly on my wish list. It's going to be interesting for me to see which players currently in Major League Baseball wear these in the games. Check out the old school Reebok Big Hurt commercial down low.


6 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Thomas fan... but I've never been a big Reebok fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats where me and you differ Reebok is my favorite brand. That makes me an odd ball because most people are Nike or Jordan heads.

      Delete
    2. I bounced around a lot in my youth... but once the 90's hit, I definitely liked Nike's designs and ad campaigns. I'm still wearing Air Max 95's to this day ;-)

      Delete
    3. The Air MAX 95 Is a very classic shoe. it's understandable why you would be captivated by the likes of Bo Jackson you live in the Bay... I loved the Iversons growing up and once I knew anything about shoes the n I Loved the pumps, scrimmages, big hurts, bumb n runs and a lot of others. Retro Reeboks are better then anything else to me.

      Delete
  2. Happy to see that Reebok,,,has honor the Big Hurt...he was a good hitter and class act your dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to i'm definetly getting those.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...