Thursday, August 8, 2013

Throwback Thursday:Old Slam Magazines


Today for throwback Thursday just wanted to share some things I have been reading over the last few days. My friend Paul recently let me borrow some of his old Slam magazines. The 2 featured in this picture are the November 2001 cover featuring afro Kobe Bryant with the #8 jersey. The second one is the April 2003 edition featuring prime Allen Iverson on the cover. Great reads and just cool to remember what hoop culture was like back then.

3 comments:

  1. Good article...on slam magazine...Allen Iverson He actually started the basketball culture with tattoos.and how to accept athletes for the person they are..loved it...DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I subscribed to SLAM for a few years and recently gave out all of my back issues to my students. I love their foldout posters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW such a great person I wish my teacher gave me Slam Magazines. Me to I have a bunch in my room. My Kemba Walker poster is my prized possession.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...