Friday, September 27, 2013

Kemba Walker Opens Up Basketball Court In His Hometown


NBA players often take a lot of heat from fans for not giving back to their communities and spending loads of money in the club but Charlotte Bobcats star Kemba Walker gave his old community the ultimate gesture. Walker a Bronx,New York native renovated the same blacktop he grew up playing on. Walker teaming up with Under Armour help build the court named after him.



Kemba's Mother spoke on the event saying “just to come back and see these people and just say thank you, I made it out and there is a way out for everyone else”. NBA legend Nate Archibald when asked about what its like to see Kemba giving back said “I Think its awesome, I knew Kemba when he was in high school and he was a passionate, dedicated, concerned about the community young man and hes still a young man and I think this is a great tribute to him,Under Armour and the community”. Kemba Walker also added “I have always wanted to be a role model and try my best to change lives so hopefully I'm doing that now”.


Its rare that you see someone of Kemba's stature remember where he came from but he is a great example of staying true to yourself and not forgetting the place that made him who he is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...