Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Look Back At USF's 2011 Wounded Warrior Project Uniforms







The USF Bulls wore these uniforms only once - back on November 19th, 2011 against the Miami Hurricanes. These uniforms were worn to honor the wounded soldiers that have fought for our great country. The Bulls lost that game 6-3 on a 36-yard Miami field goal as time expired. After their crushing defeat, these threads were auctioned off and the profits were donated to charity.

There are a lot of things I like about these threads, as well as a lot of things that bug me about them. The helmets are something that I'm not a big fan of. Same thing with the design on the shoes, the shoulder pads and the black/white stripes running down the sides of the pants. That design is something that I really can't say I like. However, I do like the gold number and letter designs, as well as the word "COURAGE" on the backs of the jerseys. The American flag design on the gloves are spot on, in my opinion. These uniforms were worn with great intentions. There may be some things about these that I don't like, but why they were worn and what they were honoring nullifies all of those flaws. I think overall, they are some solid uniforms and a great job by Under Armour on coming up with this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...