NFL Week 5 Awards
MVP- Tony Romo (25-36, 506 yards, 5 TD, 1 INT)
- Wether you like him or not Tony Romo played one hell of a game against possibly the best team in the NFL. Romo pushed the Broncos to the brink only losing by 3 points. Some say he choked with his late game INT that led to Matt Prater's game winning field goal, but please just give this guy the respect he deserves, this may have been the best game of his career so far.
Sleeper- Geno Smith (16-20, 199 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT)
- Geno Smith is slowly proving that he is the quarterback of the future for this Jets franchise, though some still don't fully believe Geno is for real yet they got a good preview just how lethal he might be for this Jets team in the games and possibly years to come. Smith took down the highly favored Falcons while throwing no interceptions, throwing 3 touchdowns, and only missing 4 of his 20 passes. What a performance!
Best Game- Denver Broncos vs. Dallas Cowboys (Denver defeated Dallas 51-48)
-Peyton Manning and Romo combined for 900+ yards, 9 touchdowns, and one rushing TD. Need I say more? Oh ya the 4th highest scoring game in NFL history (99 combined points).
Surprise win- New York Jets defeating the highly favored Atlanta Falcons 30-28
- It was very lopsided, many people thought the Falcons would make easy work of the Jets but they pull off the upset and defeat Atlanta as time expires, Nick Folk kicks the game winner and just like that the Jets are now 3-2...who would have thought!
Worst loss- Houston Texans lose to the San Fransisco 49ers 34-3
-Schaub Texans get destroyed by 49ers, Texans backup QB T.J. Yates came in for Houston in the 4th quarter to replace Schaub.
Team that needs to rebound most in Week 6- The now 0-5 New York Giants
- This is starting to get out of hand, the Giants need to figure it out before they are 0-8 mid0season. Everything is going wrong here, offense, defense, turnovers. I mean come on! Eli Manning has 12 picks in 5 games! And he said he is not playing all that bad...pshhhhh! This team needs to get a clue if they don't want to be the NFL's second worst team (yep you guessed it! The Jaguars own the worst record already!)
Worst Performance- Matt Schaub (19-35, 173 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT)
- Only player in NFL history to throw a pick-6 in 4 consecutive games
Week 5 Scores along with games top performer
Browns Beat Bills 37-24- Willis McGahee (26 car, 72 yds, 1 td)
Saints beat Bears 26-18- Alshon Jeffery (10 rec, 218 yds, 1 td)
Bengals beat Patriots 13-6- Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis (19 car, 67 yds, 1 td)
Packers beat Lions 22-9- James Jones (4 rec, 127 yds, 1 td)
Chiefs beat Titans 26-17- Jamal Charles (22 car, 108 yds, 1 td)
Colts beat Seahawks 34-28- T.Y. Hilton (5 rec, 140 yds, 2 tds)
Rams beat Jaguars 34-20- Sam Bradford (19-34, 222 yds, 3 tds)
Ravens beat Dolphins 26-23- Torrey Smith (6 rec, 121 yds, 0 tds)
Eagles beat Giants 36-21- Nick Foles (16-25, 197 yds, 2 tds)
Cardinals beat Panthers 22-6- Carson Palmer (19-28, 175 yds, 1 td)
Broncos beat Cowboys 51-48- Tony Romo (25-36, 506 yds, 5 tds)
49ers beat Texans 34-3- Frank Gore (17 car, 81 yds, 1 td)
Raiders beat Chargers 27-17- Philip Rivers (35-48, 411 yds, 2 tds)
Jets beat Falcons 30-28- Geno Smith (16-20, 199 yds, 3 tds)
*Teams that won are bolded, game's top performer is also bolded
Big News Going Into Week Six
- Rob Gronkowski will most likely return to the Patriots active roster vs.the Saints this Sunday
- Houston Texans tight end Owen Daniels out for 4-6 weeks
- Atlanta Falcons star receiver Julio Jones out for the rest of the season with foot injury