Friday, October 4, 2013

Dre Baldwin Speaks On Influences, Nike #SummerIsSerious,Toughest Players He Ever Guarded & More


Dre Baldwin is basketball pioneer and inspiration. He is a youtube sensation and pretty well known in basketball circles. Baldwin a Philadelphia native for many years has provided many young aspiring basketball players basketball workouts, tips and motivation to help them with the both physical and mental aspects of basketball that are very important to success. Recently I had a chance to interview Dre and here is what he had to say.


Brendan: For those that Don’t know who is Dre Baldwin? 
Dre Baldwin: Pro basketball player, YouTuber, Author, Sometimes model, sometimes Trainer, Motivator


Brendan: Where did your love of basketball come from?

Dre Baldwin: Just from playing a lot, I never stopped. No one planted a seed in me, it just grew naturally as I was around the game. 


Brendan: Who were some of your favorite players growing up?

Dre Baldwin: Michael Jordan, Steve Francis, Vince Carter, Reggie Miller, Pat Ewing


Brendan: What is something interesting about you that most people don’t know?

Dre Baldwin: If I tell you then people will know it then!


Brendan: Who or What inspires you to keep going?

Dre Baldwin:I inspire myself. 


Brendan: Can you tell us about the greatest basketball venue you have ever played at and what makes it stand out?

Dre Baldwin: Nike's #SummerIsSerious venue in Brooklyn was great. A packed gym, lots of lights and cameras, and the best basketball event I have ever been apart of. 


Brendan: Whats the most legendary street ball court you have ever played on? 
 Dre Baldwin:None I can think of as "legendary".

Brendan: Have you ever played at Home Rucker Park? if so describe it

Dre Baldwin: No. 


Brendan: Who is the toughest player you have ever guarded in your basketball career?

Dre Baldwin: Joe Johnson, Anthony Parker, Kyrie Irving




 Brendan: You recently played in the Nike Summer Is Serious Game, what was that like?


Brendan: Did you have any interesting conversations or see anything interesting from Kevin Durant?

Dre Baldwin:  Not really. 

Brendan: You played pro ball overseas can you describe that experience? what was it like over there atmosphere wise?

Dre Baldwin: Every place is different, just like anywhere else in the world. I have also written about all of these in depth on my site  


Brendan: What's your favorite basketball sneaker of all-time and why?

Dre Baldwin: I have posted a video about this -- Nike Shox BB4. Just loved the feel and that was during my freshman yr of college. Bought them the day they came out.


Brendan: Favorite moment in basketball history?

Dre Baldwin: For me -- every time a player/fan recognizes me in public. Outside of me -- MJ's shot in Utah.


Brendan: You have put out thousands upon thousands of instructional basketball videos which ones do you take the most pride in?

Dre Baldwin:  All of them.


Brendan: You still have aspirations to play in the NBA I would assume, NBA GM’s for some odd reason won’t give you the chance I and many others feel you deserve. Is there any thing you would like to say to them?

Dre Baldwin:  No, this is a business and we will see what happens in the future.


Brendan: I feel like your a pioneer in many ways as you have provided resources for many young up and coming basketball players to develop themselves physically and mentally. What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment to date?

Dre Baldwin:  Thank you. Just as you said -- I started this genre of free bball workouts online. I was first, I have done the most by far, I can not only teach it but also play it, and I am still the best doing it. 


Brendan: Outside of your catch phrase “Work on your game” what is the best piece of advice you can give to someone trying to make it in the game of basketball?


Dre Baldwin: Figure out why you're doing it, and that reason is your motivation. Being motivated is your job so take responsibility for it. 


Brendan: Thanks for your time Dre I really appreciate it a lot. good luck with all of your future endeavors!

Dre Baldwin:Thanks for having me!

 Dre is a very inspirational guy and has lots to offer to people even if they don't like basketball. To connect with Dre you can visit his site and youtube channel by clicking here or here, thanks for reading!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...